Monday, May 3, 2010

Run Forrest, Run!

I want to start training for a 10K. I don't even really like running that much, though I will say that since adopting my dog over a year ago, I run a lot more. We don't have a yard, so if I want to take her for her daily constitutionals, I need to take her for walks around the block. She goes for about 2-4 walks a day. Since I'm going to be doing it anyway, I've started throwing on a sports bra and shoes and just running the walk instead.

However, the distance for these runs are rather pathetic. I do a quick jog around the neighborhood which is a little less than a mile, hardly a 10K. So for the next month or so, I'm planning on working up to that distance. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to run with T though. She's a goofy dog where she likes to do our jogs as a quick trot. As the temperature continues to grow warmer, she typically becomes slower and slower. Spending 6 miles trying to prevent her from sniffing, peeing, and lagging behind will grow tiresome. I stay optimistic though.

Today I did a little longer run, 1.5 miles according to WalkJogRun. Hmm, that's pretty sad amount. I'll have to find a longer route to try. I'll amp it up tomorrow. I need to get back in the swing of things after not doing pilates for 2 weeks and not running for a week while on vacation.

This morning I had a new breakfast of strawberries and oatmeal with a hint of vanilla. I blended it with a hand blender which turned the oatmeal into an awesome pink color.

Lunch was some leftover veg curry I had froze and a peanut butter-craisin wrap. Mmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment